Sunday, 4 March 2018

Arsenal on alert as No.7 highly-rated midfielder rejects contract offer

Schalke have verified that Max Meyer has snubbed a second contract-renewal proposal from the Bundesliga club.
The 22-year-old Germany international’s deal terminates at the end of the season, and he now looks all set to move away from Germany.
Schalke’s No. 7, who has played as a holding midfielder this season for Domenico Tedesco, snubbed a new contract last year and he has now turned his back on an upgraded proposal.
Bild claim that the German club have offered him a £5million-a-year deal to make him the club’s highest earner.
However, sporting executive Christian Heidel says the proposition has been rejected.
“Max Meyer’s agents, on Jan. 12, received an offer limited until Feb. 15, and on Feb. 15 informed us via email that Max has turned down the offer because of the time limit,” Heidel told Der Westen.
“We duly noted it and for now are not bound by it. This does not mean that he will not prolong his contract.
“Schalke must press forward with their planning for the new season.”
Sport Bild have again linked him with both Arsenal and Barcelona, but Liverpool are thought to have a long-standing interest in the midfielder, who can also play in an attacking position.

0 comments:

Post a Comment